During the first weeks after Hurricane Sandy struck the East Coast on October 29, 2012, IIL Media visited a number of devastated areas, interviewing small business owners and documenting the impact on their businesses and communities. The result was IIL’s Original Series Weathering the Storm, which told compelling stories of crisis and recovery; loss and resiliency; community and connection.
Prior to the second anniversary of Hurricane Sandy, IIL Media revisited some of those communities to see how the recovery effort is going. Their stories are a testament to the fortitude of small business owners.
Weathering the Storm: Update
- “Sandy Comes Calling” – Stationery & Toy World in Manhattan, New York (warehouse in Staten Island)
- “Saving the Books” – Bank Square Books in Mystic, Connecticut
- “Stand Up 7” – Keansburg Amusement Park in Keansburg, New Jersey
- “The Last Sail” – Custom House Maritime Museum in New London, Connecticut
- “Rising Wave”– WHITE WAVE Young Soon Kim Dance Company in Brooklyn, New York
- “Perfect Storm” – Shennecossett Beach Co. in Groton, Connecticut
Weathering the Storm Original Series
View the original 13 part series released in 2012.
Weathering the Storm is an IIL Media Production.